Classic Barbecue Rib Rub
This is a classic barbecue rub. You will find that it is particularly good on ribs but works well with pork chops, tenderloin, chicken and even catfish for that authentic low and slow bbq flavor.
- 2 tablespoons smokey Spanish paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano
- Combine all ingredients and mix well in bowl.
- For smoother rub, puree ingredients in a spice grinder until well combined and all pieces are uniform in size, very fine and tan in color.
- Can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 6-months when stored in a cool, dark place.